Meet the Grand River Singers - the only Glee-inspired adult show choir in the country!
Tensions run high as choir directors Tim & Rob audition singers and dancers for a new cast.
With the newly assembled cast rehearsing for the first time together, oldies & newbies battle it out for the coveted solos for the new season and it isn't pretty.
The oldies & newbies seem to have issues blending together so Rob and Tim plan some team building that proves to be disastrous.
Head over to VH1 for bonus features & behind-the-scenes sneak peeks!
In Wisconsin, where show choir is religion, the Grand River Singers is truly one of a kind. Each year, they host the Grand River National Show Choir Invitational in Wisconsin and get the prime spot as the featured non-competing performance group. This year, however, they plan to take their show beyond small-town La Crosse and onto a much larger stage...like the Wisconsin Cow Chip Festival, Valleyfair Theme Park and the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.
Cliques, relationships, jealousy and love blend together in this largely talented yet completely dysfunctional family. And while it may seem like the fighting never ends, at the end of the day everyone generally kisses and makes up because tomorrow is another performance and another chance to shine. Plus several members of the group live together, so in the interest of home-life bliss, sometimes apologies have to be made in order to keep the peace.
Will they be able to set aside their differences, raise enough money to travel and perform before the largest audiences they've ever known? Or will their egos get in the way of their dreams? Harmony, talent and friendship have never been more OFF PITCH.
- Rob is the flamboyant, larger-than-life, co-director and choreographer of GRS. He is an antiques dealer and freelance show choir choreographer/director for other ensembles around the country. Rob treats each member of the group as if they were his own children, but instead of being an authority figure, he's more like the pushover parent who will say and do anything to keep the peace, yet he still manages to stir the pot.
- Tim is the co-founder and musical director of GRS. Everyone loves him yet fears him at the same time. He is the general manager at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites in La Crosse and has a short fuse...especially with Rob, his partner of 7 years and co-founder of the group. He is passionate about the group and plans every event in his life around the Grand River Singers and their busy performance and rehearsal schedule. ... Read More
- Aubrey is a social butterfly and a bit of a tease. She went to a conservative Catholic high school and has been making up for it ever since. She currently works as an admissions specialist for Saint Mary's University. She's been in the group for the past six years and is the female dance captain. GRS is her entire life and she takes everything they do very seriously, but she will cry at the drop of the hat when asked to sing a solo.
- Greg is the baby of the group and, typical of the youngest child, he likes to get his way. He thinks he deserves every male solo and pouts like a toddler if he doesn't get it. A talented singer with absolutely no social filter, he always manages to set someone off by opening his mouth and saying something stupid or inconsiderate.
- Vanessa is the self-proclaimed diva of GRS and admits to also being somewhat of a b****. A talented singer, Vanessa deviously goes about trying to get her pipes on every solo she can, which really annoys the other girls in the group.
- Liv is the girl next door who moved to the big city of La Crosse from a small town of only 9,000 people. She is opinionated and outgoing, but underneath she has insecurities about her looks and can be super sensitive if anyone says anything negative about her. She is well liked by the other girls in the group and can be a bit of a flirt when it comes to the boys.
- Marcia is the goofball of GRS -- talented, wacky, and never shy about making a fool of herself. Marcia is one of the better singers in GRS, but by her own admission, has two left feet. She claims to work harder than everyone else in the group in order to learn the dance moves that are a part of show choir.
- Josh embodies the true spirit of GRS while wearing his heart on his sleeve. His bubbly personality makes everyone laugh, but he can also be over-the-top at times. He's one of only three straight guys in the group and says the attention from the other guys makes him a little uncomfortable...but we're not so sure that's totally true. He has a mad crush on Aubrey and always looks for the positive in everyone.