Chad Vaccarino, singer-songwriter for A Great Big World, is opening up about his life in an ongoing "Day in the Life" series on YouTube.
Today, Chad discussed finding out he had MS while still in college and how the stresses in his life contributed to his poor health. But it wasn't just schoolwork and socializing: “I was grappling with my own sexuality, dealing with coming out to my closest friends and family members," he says in the clip below. "It was the most stressful time of my lifem which caused it to become the unhealthiest time of my life.”
Fortunately, Chad has found a program that works for him, and he's been able to treat his symptoms successfully. His message is one of hope both for people with MS and the LGBT community.
Catch A Great Big World at Logo's Trailblazers special, June 26 at 9pm.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023