Hannah Peters/Getty Images
It feels like years since Cher stepped off that helicopter and serenaded the world with her cover of "Fernando" in Best Picture shoulda-been Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again.
Shortly after the film hit theaters, Cher released an entire album of ABBA covers, appropriately titled Dancing Queen. Featuring classics like “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!,” “SOS,” and “One of Us,” Dancing Queen debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, tying for the icon’s highest-charting solo album ever, and went on to hit the top spot.
Two months later she took to Twitter asking her followers what songs they would like her to tackle if there were to be a Dancing Queen Vol. 2.
Recently, when asked for an update on the new set of songs, Cher told a Twitter fan that she is currently recording the next batch of ABBA songs, even revealing that we should expect "Voulez-Vous" and "Chiquitita (en español)" on the album.
Which other ABBA classics are you hoping she covers?
Since she's still in the studio, we shouldn't expect Dancing Queen Vol. 2 anytime soon. But if you need her spin on disco, you can catch her when she hits the road again later this fall for the second leg of her "Here We Go Again" tour—or just watch Mamma Mia 2 on a loop.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023