Neil Patrick Harris is back on the market — in a new Netflix series, that is. The out Matrix Revolutions star is learning what it's like to be thrown into the 21st-century gay dating world in the new trailer for Uncoupled.
The new Netflix series from Darren Starr (Younger, Emily in Paris) and Jeffrey Richman (Modern Family), features NPH as Michael Lawson, a middle-aged gay man whose partner (played by Tuc Watkins) of 17 years suddenly breaks up with him. And as the plot description reads: "Overnight, he has to confront two nightmares: losing the man he thought was his soulmate, and suddenly finding himself a single gay man in his mid-forties in New York City."
Luckily, Michael has a supportive friend group played by Tisha Campbell, Brooks Ashmanskas, and Emerson Brooks who help him navigate the new New York dating scene. He also befriends a rich divorcee played by Marcia Gay Harden, doing her best Karen Walker impression.
If that isn't enough to sell you on Uncoupled, the series looks like it will have plenty of gay hookup scenes, clubbing, and even some skiing and roller skating. Plus, since it's from Darren Starr expect strong Sex and the City and Younger vibes. Sounds like the perfect summer binge to us.
Uncoupled premieres July 29 on Netflix, until then check out the cute new trailer below.
NEIL PATRICK HARRIS TALKS STARRING IN THE QUEEREST “MATRIX” MOVIE YET
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023