A Miami man has been arrested after threatening to commit an anti-LGBT mass shooting that would be "bigger than Orlando."
Joseph Jorczak, 34, was taken in Wednesday after threatening staff and parishioners at Miami Beach Community Church, a gay-friendly house of worship with a strong commitment to social justice and diversity.
Pastor Harold Thompson (below) had ordered a restraining order against Jorczak after he posted several threatening messages in the past two weeks.
"Orlando will look small to what is coming to Miami Beach, specifically the Miami Beach Community Church," claimed Jorczak, who added that the church was filled with "sick homosexuals" and "nasty people.
Jorczak had located someone willing to sell him an AR-15, a semi-automatic rifle that can shoot 25 rounds in 2.5 seconds. Authorities say he also posted a video demonstrating how to quickly make napalm. "I choose my battles, but I have no choice in this one," he said.
Jorczak has been charged with stalking and violating a restraining order.
MBCC was founded in 1921, making it the oldest existing church in Miami Beach. After the Orlando massacre, MBCC commissioned a mural in memory of those who died—and invited community members to turn in their guns.
h/t: Gay Star News
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023