Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images
Harry and Meghan might have just welcomed a new addition to their Royal Family, but another British baby is about to be born: RuPaul's Drag Race U.K.
RuPaul and his best squirrel friend, Michelle Visage, were recently in London for a month filming the British version of Drag Race. Aside from Graham Norton and Alan Carr being announced as resident judges for the new series, not many details have been revealed about Drag Race U.K.—but that didn't stop Ru and Michelle from teasing what fans can expect.
On the latest episode of Ru and Michelle's podcast, What's the Tee?, the two kiki about many different topics, including the time they spent across the pond.
"I think people are going to be thrilled," Michelle said.
"When [the fans] see this show, they are going to flip," Ru added. "I predict we will be doing this English edition of Drag Race for many years to come."
Michelle goes on to explain how Drag Race U.K. has a "different tone" and "an Englishness, a Britishness about it."
"It has a charm the American one doesn't have," she continues. "I think people are going to fucking love it."
As if we weren't excited enough already!
The first season of RuPaul’s Drag Race U.K. will consist of eight episodes, scheduled to air later this year on BBC Three.
RuPaul's Drag Race airs Thursdays at 9/8c on VH1.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023