Break out your bunny suit.
Sam Smith announced their new single, "To Die For," will be released this Friday, February 14—Valentine's Day.
“Releasing this song is going to be a wild one," Smith wrote in a statement. "I feel like it’s from one of the deepest parts of me. I wrote this with Jimmy Napes and Stargate in LA during a time of self-discovery and heartbreak. This is for all the lonely hearts out there on another Valentine’s Day xx."
According to Gay Times, the new track is a "soothing, heartfelt ballad" that begins with a sample from the 2001 cult film Donnie Darko, which starred Jake Gyllenhaal.
"To Die For" is the fourth track released from Smith’s upcoming third studio album. The previous three singles were "Dancing With a Stranger," "How Do You Sleep?," and the cover of Donna Summer's "I Feel Love."
To celebrate the new song, a "To Die For" pop-up shop will be open February 12–14 in London's Soho neighborhood. Smith will also perform on Friday's episode of The Graham Norton Show.
We're excited to hear Smith sample Donnie Darko, but can they finally explain the movie's ending to us?
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023