Any Britney Spears fan with knowledge of the singer’s extensive library of unreleased material knows she recorded a cover of Ace of Base’s “All That She Wants” in 2007, around the same time she was recording songs for the Blackout album.
In an interview with ABC News, Ace of Base frontman Ulf Ekberg spoke of the track for the first time ever and even offered his opinion on it.
"It was very strong," he said.
Ekberg explained that the band and Spears shared management at the time, and Spears was asked to cover the song to raise her popularity in the European market.
"They wanted to release it, but that was a difficult time for her," Ekberg said. "It was only in Denmark, never finished and didn't end up on her album. It was cool though. She took the choruses, took away the verses and wrote new ones about her mom. It was very strong."
Check out the song below:
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023