March 7 is a big day for fans of RuPaul: Not only is it the premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8, but Ru is dropping her newest album, Butch Queen, the very same day.
Mama Ru knows how to make the most of her moment, children!
The Supermodel of the World doesn't let moss grow under her headphones: In seven years, RuPaul has released six original studio albums—most recently the holiday album Slay Belles.
Produced by Ellis Miah, Vjuan Allure and Matt Moss, the new album features a number of duets, with performers like Taylor Dayne, TS Madison, Ab Soto and Margo Thunder.
The track "U Wear It Well" can be heard on the promo video for Season 8.
Why did a paragon of femininity like RuPaul title the album Butch Queen?
"Why not?!? Drag queens are like the marines of the LGBT movement," she says. "They suit up, they show up, and they always save the day.
Butch Queen is my salute to a few good men that dress like women."
In doing the album, Ru wanted to capture the spirit of the old-school ballroom scene celebrated in Paris is Burning. "The infectious beats and relentless optimism of that music is timeless."
Season 8 of RuPaul’s Drag Race premieres, Monday, March 7 at 9/8c on Logo.
Below, peruse the Butch Queen track list
1. "Cha Cha Bitch" f/AB Soto
2. "U Wear It Well"
3. "Category Is..." f/Vjuan Allure
4. "Legends" f/Margo Thunder and Ellis Miah
5. "Feel Like A Woman" f/Vjuan Allure
6. "Drop" f/TS Madison
7. "Drag Queen Honey" f/Vjuan Allure
8. "Be Someone" f/Taylor Dayne
9. "High Fashion Labels" f/Vjuan Allure
10. "Sister Brother" f/Margo Thunder
11. "How I Wanna Hold U" f/Sharlotte Gibson & Matt Moss
12. "Nothing Nice" f/Vjuan Allure