H&M/Composite by Jeff Taylor
Clothing brand H&M has announced it will launch its first ever Pride collection to show its support of the LGBT community.
On May 31, the new line will make its way into 148 U.S. stores, as well as other select retailers around the world, and will also be available for purchase online.
It will include t-shirts, crop tops, tank tops, shorts, cutoff jeans, sweatshirts, sweatpants, hoodies, caps, fanny packs, and socks. The company will donate 10% of proceeds from the sale of the collection to the United Nations Free & Equal campaign that fights for LGBT rights internationally.
“H&M believes in everybody’s right to love who they want,” Andreas Lowenstam, H&M’s head of men’s wear design, told WWD. “We hope people can use H&M’s Pride collection to celebrate their belief in equal love.”
The brand has teamed up with influencers and celebrities for a Pride Out Loud campaign, featuring Olympian Gus Kenworthy, RuPaul's Drag Race star Aja, singer Kim Petras, model and activist Gabrielle Richardson, and model and actor Shaun Ross.
H&M spokesperson Emily Scarlett said the collection is intended to "celebrate diversity" of the company’s customers and staff while “celebrating the joy of fashion.”
“Equality, diversity and inclusivity have been deeply rooted in our values for a long time,” she added.
H&M debuted the new line at an event in Brooklyn on Tuesday night, which featured guests entering a room lit up in pastel rainbow colors through a rainbow arch, as well as Pride themed drinks and a special performance by Aja.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023