One Stonewall veteran just revealed some major news about her growing family.
Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, a pioneering Black transgender elder and activist, is expecting a child with her partner, fellow trans advocate Beck Witt. The 79-year-old broke the news on Instagram this week with a photo of Beck and his baby bump.
"To all my gurls and the folks who love us, we have exciting news to share," she wrote. "Beck...is...Pregnant! He's 6 months along. Hooray and Hallelujah that this has finally happened for us."
"We don't know the sex of the baby," she added, "but we know it will be loved by us and you."
Miss Major is cherished for her decades of LGBTQ activism, including the historic 1969 uprising at New York City's Stonewall Inn, which she survived. Her life and legacy was the subject of MAJOR!, a 2016 feature film.
The trans trailblazer hasn't slowed her roll as she's aged or suffered health issues, either. Miss Major continues to voice her opinions on political issues like police presence at Pride events and who should take on President Donald Trump in November's fight for the White House.
She is currently based in Little Rock, Arkansas, where she runs House of GG, a retreat and mentorship program for trans and gender nonconforming activists in the South.
Congrats to Miss Major and Beck!
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023