There was a lot of funny at Saturday's White House Correspondents’ Dinner (host Cecily Strong, Donald Trump's hair, etc.) but President Barack Obama brought down the house and proved that -- if he wants it -- he probably has a career in comedy after leaving office.
Said Obama, “I feel more loose and relaxed than ever. Those Joe Biden shoulder massages, they’re like magic.” (He also later mentioned that he and Biden had grown so close that certain restaurants in Indiana would no longer serve them pizza.)
There were a number of visual gags, my personal favorite made use of John McCain's grumpy old man reputation. Obama introduced it with, “They’ve finally figured out a foolproof way to keep people off my lawn.”
It wasn't just Republicans that Obama took swipes at. He got off a good-natured zinger on Hillary Clinton's just launched campaign: “I have one friend. Just a few weeks ago, she was making millions of dollars a year. And she’s now living out of a van in Iowa.”
Obama ended with a bang when he brought out his anger translator "Luther" (Keegan-Michael Key from Key & Peele).
You can check out the full speech below. What did you think of Obama's remarks?
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023