A Kansas City man has been charged in the death of a transgender woman he intentionally ran over several times and left to die, reports the AP.
Witnesses told the police that, last August, they saw Tamara Dominguez got into a truck with 29-year-old Luis Sanchez. But she soon exited the vehicle and slammed the door before walking away.
That's when Sanchez reportedly gunned the engine and repeatedly ran over Dominguez, who died from injuries sustained in the attack.
"There's this horrible dark underbelly of hatred that goes on and on and on and on and it must stop," said Caroline Gibbs with the Transgender Institute of Kansas City.
Sanchez was arrested in Colorado on Friday and charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action. Prosecutors have requested bail be set at $250,000.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023