This week, the comic book industry united on a special 144-page graphic novel honoring the victims and families of the Pulse nightclub attack.
Hitting stores on Wednesday, Love is Love contain more than 100 stories, each one or two pages, that celebrate love in all its forms.
The project was launched almost immediately after the attack by out comic writer Mark Andreyko, who has worked on Manhunter and Batwoman.
"I grew up in the '80s—I'm a child of the "We Are the World" and "Do They Know It's Christmas," Andreyko told Seth Meyers (below). "So my reaction was, 'I know all these comic book people and these professionals and actors, let's do something.'"
Others donating their talent include Phil Jimenez, Paul Jenkins, Matt Wagner, Olivier Coipel, Taran Killam, Patton Oswalt, Marguerite Bennett, Steve Orlando and Jim Lee, who contributed a special Harry Potter illustration (with J.K. Rowling's blessing).
Superman, Wonder Woman, the Spirit and Archie Andrews and the Riverdale gang also appear in the special.
“When Marc brought this project to me, there was no hesitation about us getting involved,” says Chris Ryall of IDW.
“We are proud of the hard work and talent that has gone into this project and to be involved in any way to support the survivors and their families in the face of tragedy.”
All the work was donated, and all proceeds benefit Equality Florida.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023