Madame X is an "Old Town Road" fan.
The 61-year-old pop music legend shared a video to her Instagram story yesterday of her kiking with gay country-rapper Lil Nas X at The Wiltern in Los Angeles, where she is currently performing her Madame X tour. Still dolled up as her onstage alter ego, Madonna sat down next to the Grammy-nominated singer and...took a swig from his beer? Yes, you read that right.
When Madonna asked if he'd come to her show alone, Lil Nas X confirmed that he had, and reassured her that he enjoyed the evening regardless.
"I'm in the presence of a legend," he told the pop star. "I'm just happy to be here."
Madonna and Lil Nas X then chatted about where they're from (Detroit and Atlanta, respectively), with the "Medellín" singer pausing for another sip of beer before asking Lil Nas a hard-hitter: "Do you ride horses?" (In case you're wondering, the answer is yes—and Lil Nas X now has a standing invitation to come ride horses with the queen of pop herself at her horse farm in upstate New York.)
The pair discussed astrology, too, with Madge, a Leo, totally clocking Lil Nas X, an Aries, as a fellow fire sign. Is it hot in here or what?
Watch the X family's full kiki below.
- Hope You’re Hungry — the ‘Drag Me to Dinner’ Trailer Is HereThe campy cooking show premieres May 31 on Hulu.05/08/2023
- Jonathan Groff Joins 'Doctor Who'The already-stacked cast includes Jinkx Monsoon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ncuti Gatwa, and more.05/05/2023
- Hayley Kiyoko Pushes Back on Nashville Anti-Drag Laws, Brings Queens on Stage"We will not be silenced," said the "Girls Like Girls" singer.05/04/2023
- Alex Newell and J. Harrison Ghee Make Theater History With Tony NominationsThe gender-nonconforming actors are breaking down barriers on Broadway05/03/2023
- 40 Drag Superstars Serve (Food) in Hulu’s ‘Drag Me to Dinner’Alaska, Jackie Beat, Jinkx Monsoon, and many others will appear in the campy competition series, premiering May 31.05/01/2023
- Queer Partners Try Out Polyamory in Enlightening 'Couples Therapy' Clip"If you're not relying on a long-standing tradition you have to invent something new."04/28/2023